Running a social media contest is a fantastic opportunity to amplify your brand, products, and services. With organic reach on the decline, social media contests are one of the few effective ways to boost your brand online with a minimal promotional budget.
Contests can consist of a simple giveaway from a small brand or full-blown campaigns that create an avalanche of media buzz.
- Decide on a contest owner
- Set your goals and budget
- Choose your prizes and an exciting hook
- Build your contest, define contest rules
- Determine jury, jury evaluation sheets
- Create a promotion and engagement plan
- Choose contest entry structure and social networks
- Determine the length and frequency of your contest
- Test and publish your contest
- Use e-mail autoresponders to contact, all entrants
- Analyse, reflect, learn, repeat
When you target prospective participants and actively engage with your entrants, the real winner of the contest will be your brand.